Thursday 8 August 2013

The end is nigh

I am all too quickly approaching the finish line!

I am working frantically to get a final copy of my thesis prepared to be handed in. It has been such a journey, and so busy just lately that I have completely neglected the blog!

However, I have not neglected the approaching Spring. Made myself a wee garden out of long pots, with some Polyanthus for colour in between the rocket that is racing away in the warm weather and the lettuce that is more sedately sprouting.

Furthermore, I have been venturing into the social media scene on Twitter, with "Tweet Your Science". Has made me quite thoughtful about how science is communicated, and whether or not simply sharing information with someone is enough to change their mind about an issue. Also about publishing my work from my thesis - it seems that academia is never going to end sometimes... But daydreaming about future adventures is enough to keep the motivation up today, here is hoping the adventures continue in the polar theme!

Springtime Camellias on the windowsill

No comments:

Post a Comment